This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.edwardsridecare.com (the “Site”) or interact with our Edward technology (“Platform”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to all users of our Platform and related and features or other services. It does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party; or any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible on the Platform.
The practices described in this Policy are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. We will only engage in the practices described in this Policy in a particular country or region if permitted under the laws of those places. Please contact us if you have questions on our practices in your country or region.
We may revise and update this Policy from time to time in our sole discretion. We will mark new versions with a corresponding effective date and will post any updates to the Policy on the Site. Your continued use of the Platform, or any other service provided through the Platform, means that you accept and agree to the modified Policy.
|Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It|
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Platform, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as your name, image, e-mail address, or other identifiers by which you may be contacted online or offline; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Platform, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you interact with RideCare; and
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site (including such information as usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies).
Information you provide directly to us may include:
- User profile: We collect information when you create or update your account. This may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, and address.
- Demographic data:We may collect demographic information about you, including through user surveys, and Artificial Intelligence. In some countries, we may also receive demographic information about you from third parties.
- User content: We may collect information that you post to the Site or submit when you contact Edwards.
Information we collect automatically from you may include:
- Location information: We may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, Geolocation, IP address and WiFi.
- Usage information: We collect information about how you interact with our Platform. This includes information such as access dates and times, Edwards features viewed, Platform crashes and other activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or service you were using before interacting with our Site. In some cases, we collect this information through cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
- Device information: We may collect information about the devices you use to access our Platform, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Image: We may collect your image when you interact with Edward and retain it for the duration of processing your ride. We do not store your image and have implemented data and other cyber security protections to protect against the possibility that a third party could access the images in real-time.
Children Under the Age of 13
We do not knowingly collect information from any person under the age of 13. If we are made aware we have collected personal information from a child under 13 years old in a manner that is inconsistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we will delete this information as soon as possible.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide services and features: We use the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using the information to perform internal operations necessary to provide our Platform, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
- Safety and security: We use your data to help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services and users.
- Customer support: We use the information we collect to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person, investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our customer support responses.
- Research and development: We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
- Communications from Edwards: We may use the information we collect to share information with you about products, services, events, lodging, retail establishments, and activities and serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our partners and the community. You may receive some of these communications based the demographic characteristics detected from your image.
- Legal proceedings and requirements: We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of our Platform, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
|Disclosure of Your Information|
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To third-party service providers or vendors for purposes of, including without limitation, initiating direct marketing programs on our behalf, data tracking, maintenance or development of our Platform, or other contracted promotional opportunities provided to our users;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Edwards’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Platform users is among the assets transferred;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Edwards, our customers, or others.
We may also use third-party vendors, such as Google Analytics, to advertise to our users online. These third-party vendors may display Edwards advertisements on other websites based on your internet usage. More specifically, these vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytic cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to the Platform or another site affiliated with Edwards services. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies is not linked to any personally identifiable information (name, address, email address, or phone number) we collect or you provide on the website. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising by using Google’s Ads Settings.
We have adopted reasonable and appropriate security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access to the information you provide to us, both during transmission and once it is received. While we strive to protect your information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to the Platform and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information.
Access Requests, Choice, and Data Retention
You may receive promotional emails, newsletters, and similar communications from us. You may opt out of receiving marketing/promotional emails from us by clicking on the opt-out or “unsubscribe” link included in the commercial or marketing emails you receive. You may also contact us at email@example.com. Please note that opt-out requests may take some time to be effective, however we will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. Your opt-out request will not apply to messages that you request or that are not commercial in nature.
Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. If your information changes, or if you no longer desire to use the Platform, you may request that we update, amend, or delete your information by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Your California Privacy Rights/Do Not Track Disclosures
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
In some cases, third parties may be able to collect information about a user’s online activities over time and across different websites when he or she uses our Platform. Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, we currently do not take action in response to these signals.